Friday, June 26, 2009

The Top 10 Comic Book Artists Working Today Countdown List Extravaganza (According to Me, with All Due Respect to You.) #3

Man it's hot and humid up in here. They just announced a Tornado watch for the area around Grand Forks so I guess Summer is finally here. Blah Blah, The giant clock hanging around my neck just chimed, so it must be artist time. Up next we have...

#3. Frazer Irving

Although his resume doesn't include much work in American comics yet, the work I've seen thus far has been stunning. Irving's Gothic pencils on Seven Soldiers of Victory: Klarion the Witchboy showcased his unique voice. The recent Azrael: Death's Dark Knight miniseries was a masterwork of stark frames, expressionistic visages, rad computerly painting, and an ass-kickin' anti-hero. If there is a comic with his name on it, I'll buy it. Sign me up, Buckaroos!

No comments: