Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Top 10 Comic Book Artists Working Today Countdown List Extravaganza (According to Me, with All Due Respect to You.) #6


Let's get to it, shall we? Next up on our list is the one, the only..

#6. Steve Dillon

I love Steve Dillon. Seriously, how could you not love this guy's art? Now granted, the first time I saw his pencils on Hellblazer or Animal Man or whatever back in the day, I wasn't immediately sold. But it only took a few issues of Preacher to make me a fan. Some of the most memorable frames in Preacher involve the great facial expressions of Tulip, Jessie, Cass and the rest of the crew. I mean, who doesn't remember and love the page with frame after frame of Herr Starr looking at himself in the mirror and trying on every type of hat imaginable in an attempt to hide his...um..."unfortunate accident." Let's all drink a pint of Smithwick's or something for Steve!

No comments: