Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Top 10 Comic Book Artists Working Today Countdown List Extravaganza (According to Me, with All Due Respect to You.) #9


I really aught to have a scanner. I apologize for these somewhat distorted images. Here I am holding down the binding of a Fear Agent trade trying to keep my fingers out of the camera frame so that I can get a good shot of a couple frames of the art from the #9 artist on my list. Well, well, scanner or no I present to you...

#9. Jerome Opeña

Jerome Opeña and his Fear Agent compatriots, Rick Remender and Tony Moore, have blown up over at the House of Ideas. Opeña's early Punisher work is beautiful and I'm sure the Marvel brain-trust has even more big things in store for him in the near future. But the created-owned Fear Agent is still really where its at. Remender's two-fisted deep-space jive talkin' comi-tragic action hero Heath Huston comes alive with Opeña's dynamic pencils. Let's just hope that with all of his well-deserved recent success at Marvel comes a little bit more of his work on the Texas space-cowboy from time to time.

1 comment:

shoko said...

cool. this countdown is turning out to be rather enlightening for me. that's now 2 outta 2 i gotta check out.