Friday, August 12, 2011

Dntel



Hey guys.. I'm finally settling back into Minneapolis now. I haven't been active on here for the past two weeks, what with the Seattle trip and then the Williston trip. But now I should be back in a normal routine soon.

I went and saw Dntel at the Triple Rock tonight. It was really good. A band called The One AM Radio opened up for them, sounding a bit like the Postal Service. Then Jimmy played, mostly by himself, except for a few songs where the One AM Radio folks came out and sang. I talked to him for a little while after the show, and he signed my limited edition tour 7". We also exchanged email addresses--he said he has a Figurine song that'll probably never come out that he could email me. Sweet! It was really nice to see him perform, even though he mostly just tweaked a gizmo most of the time. He did a little singing, and there were cool visuals in the back. It was kind of like seeing a DJ, I guess, but this DJ played really good music of his own.

I thought this lightning girl was a good "first post back after a hiatus" image. :)

1 comment:

shoko said...

that sounds very radical. especially that new figurine song! i'm sorry i missed it. i wouldn't have been able to go anyhow cuz i had to have an emergency extraction of two teeth. can't even begin to describe the pain and my face puffed up to rocky dennis like proportions. just been nursing my wounds and succumbing to the dreamy spell of vicodin since. we should get together soon.