Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Old89ers Top 10 Favorite Albums of All Time #4 (part 2 of 2 due to TIE!): Your Blues by Destroyer


Turning to Snow

This is the record made just for me.

The Self-Taught Man: This is my dream.

Where I Lost my Serve;

I Lost my Swing.

I thought I’d Heard of Everything.

(as I wrote the Emotional History of the Lower East Side)

And, Lord Knows I’ve Been Tryin’…

A Dragon: (needing room to run)

The Time of your Lives has been had.

And, after all,

Someone’s got to Fall before Someone goes Free.

The Self-Taught Man: (traveling)

From Oakland to Warsaw,

Berlin is for Lovers.

Do you think this is Love?

A Dragon: Well I guess so – at least something to make it from

The Self-Taught Man:

The Future’s yours –

Oh, wait - I lied.

They’re calling it “The New Decay,”

Hey! so am I.

In Pointe-Saint-Claire: (where people like to put things in the ground)

There are certain things you ought to know.

- Your 2004 Blues. With the word “Destroyer” embroidered on her jeans.

No comments: