Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sweet Punishment


Hey Steve, I know you like The Punisher so you might want to check this out. Issue #1 is scheduled to ship on January 7th. Its written by Rick Remender and drawn by Jerome Opena - two of my favorites. In fact, I'm a little sad about this as it may mean the end of one of my favorite books, Fear Agent. Well, at least the end of Opena on art one would guess (although he's actually one of two artists on the book so maybe he will stick around.)
Even if the new Punisher isn't very good, I guarantee the art will be excellent.

3 comments:

Deutero Isaiah said...

Thanks for the heads up. It's weird, when I look at this on heavyink, it says I'm already subscribed to this title. But I'm subscribed to the Punisher Max title. I wonder if that one is ending and converting into this new one. Hmm. I'll keep my eye on it.

YoungDayofAllDays said...

Yeah - You're probably right about the MAX title ending. I don't know for sure, but Marvel is starting their post-Secret Invasion universe and a lot of the books are getting new writers, and other new titles are starting (I'm sure some are ending too). I know Andy Diggle just finished his Hellblazer run so that he can go and write the Thunderbolts now (who I guess are going to have a big role in the new Dark Reign storyline business.)So Ennis/Dillon are doing Punisher, too... Is that a MAX title?

Deutero Isaiah said...

No, the Ennis/Dillon one is a Punisher War Zone thing. But it's not part of the regular run, it's just a six issue stand-alone thingy.