Monday, November 29, 2010

Game of Thrones



I'm not sure why, but I'm not all that excited about this show coming out. Maybe because Martin is dragging his feet on finishing the series, or maybe it's just epic fatigue. I think maybe I can only get excited about an epic story in one format. The Lord of the Rings is an exception, I guess, though I never really went crazy about the movies. But I don't really have any interest in the Wheel of Time comics, and I'm not jazzed about seeing the new Harry Potter movie (though I probably will). I hope they never make Asimov's Foundation series into a comic, movie, or tv show. They did a radio production of it, but that was so condensed it wasn't too threatening.

1 comment:

YoungDayofAllDays said...

I have to agree about the Game of Thrones TV show. There was a time not long ago when I was seriously considering signing up for HBO just to watch it. Now I'll probably just Netflix it in a year or two if I hear it's good. The same goes for the Books - I've lost all momentum with the series; especially since the latest volume didn't live up to the high quality standard of the preceding volumes IMO (and of course also due to the glacial pace of the new volumes being published).