Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscars!


Since the Academy Awards are on tonight, I thought I'd weigh on on my vote for Best Picture of the year. We went and saw "Let The Right One In" for the second time last night. The Riverview Theater has been playing it at 11:30pm on weekends the last few weeks, and this movie was just as great the second time as the first. It's a hard thing to say, but I think I liked it better than either "Iron Man" or "The Dark Knight", which would be my runners up. What do you guys think?

3 comments:

YoungDayofAllDays said...

I've been absolutely terrible this year about seeing movies. the one I really wanted to see but havent had a chance is "the wrestler." Of the movies I did see, i loved all the comic book movies - "burn after reading" was really good too.
are you watching tonite? I am - twitter me if you are.

shoko said...

i wanna see the wrestler badly. and slumdog too.

Deutero Isaiah said...

Shoot - I missed the comment so I didn't twitter. I was watching them - my brother and his wife were over, and we had ballots to vote our guesses. My brother got 13 right, Kelsi got 12, and Jenny and I each guessed 8.

I was really happy with Penelope Cruz getting Best Supporting Actress - she was awesome in 'Vicky Christina Barcelona', which was an otherwise mediocre movie. I was happy about Sean Penn getting Best Actor, too. 'Milk' was really great, and I was rooting for it for Best Picture too.

I definitely want to see 'The Wrestler' too.